In the early 2000’s, computer monitors had a maximum brightness of around 300 nits. In recent years, that number has skyrocketed to over 1000 nits. This is due to advances in technology and increasing demand for brighter screens. However, this also means that our eyes are being exposed to more light than ever before.
The how to adjust brightness on windows 10 desktop is a tutorial that will show you how to reduce the brightness of your computer.
2021 – How to Lower the Brightness on Windows 7/8/10 PC – When using a computer, some individuals like a screen that is very bright. There are also some who want a screen that is less bright.
How to Quickly Reduce Brightness on Windows 7810
In Windows 7/8/10 PC Laptop 2021, How To Reduce Brightness
The issue is that the screen may get excessively bright after being used by others. As a result, you’ll need to know how to darken the computer screen using a variety of methods.
Some of the techniques may surprise you since they are not as prevalent as they seem to be. Because there are specific techniques for lowering the computer screen’s brightness.
Reduce the brightness of your Windows 7/8/10 laptop PC in the year 2021.
You may use this technique to make the screen even darker after you’ve learned it.
1. Use the keyboard keys to dim the screen.
Using the Keyboard Keys to Dim the Screen
One of the benefits of a PC is that you may change the screen brightness with numerous straight buttons. These buttons are usually found at the bottom or on the side of the computer screen.
It’s also extremely simple to darken a computer screen using this method. It will alter on its own since you just squeezed it.
In general, lighting settings on a PC are not typically accessible via software.
Some PCs now come with customized software that mimics the functionality of a laptop. With the assistance of this program, you can simply operate it without having to search for the buttons first.
The Personalize option may be used to dim the lights.
The second option is to make use of Windows 7’s customized settings menu.
If you change your screen wallpaper on a regular basis, you’re probably acquainted with this set option.
- The first method is to go to your computer’s Windows start page.
- Then, without any shortcuts, point the mouse pointer on all vacant spots.
- After that, right-click and a dialog window with various menu choices will open.
- To change the brightness level of the computer screen, just click on the words ” Personalize ” in the following step.
- After that, if you’ve gotten to the Personalize menu, search for the words ” Display ” once again. This menu is typically found in the bottom left corner of the screen. You may adjust the brightness level of your computer screen from this option.
- You may change the brightness of the computer screen by clicking on the words ” Adjust Brightness “.
This is a manual method of adjusting the brightness of the computer screen. You may also improve the outcome by adjusting it to your preferences.
Right-Click Menu in Windows 10
So you’re probably wondering how to darken the computer screen in Windows 10. Because there is no computer brightness adjustment option in the Windows 10 ” Personalize ” menu.
- How to move your mouse over an empty spot on the Windows start page.
- Then right-click it to bring up a menu, which includes the Personalize option.
- Personalize, on the other hand, will not be available in Windows 10. However, the focus of writing is immediately above Personalize, where the phrase “Display Setting” appears. The brightness level of the computer screen may be adjusted using this menu.
- The settings menu page will display when you click on the words ” Display Settings “. It is very comprehensive. Even on Windows 10, you may change the screen brightness using a variety of options, including night light, resolution, size and layout, and so on.
- Look for the words ” Brightness and Color ” and then ” Change Brightness ” if you simply want to concentrate on changing the brightness of the computer screen.
- Adjust the brightness of the Windows 10 screen to your preference and comfort.
- Finally, there is no need to save the settings.
You may just leave the settings menu now that the new brightness setting has been implemented automatically.
4. Using the Windows + X keyboard shortcut
Using the shortcut Windows + X
You may use a shortcut, which is a set of keys on the keyboard, to make things much easier and quicker.
You may use this technique with virtually any version of Windows.
- To begin, just press the key combination “Windows + the letter X” at the same time. Several menu choices will display on the screen.
- Look for the “Mobility Center” menu item. It should be noted that this text is missing from certain Windows versions. However, the words “Windows Mobility Center” were changed with the identical menu items.
- To change the brightness of the computer screen, just click right on the text.
Following your click, a list of basic computer options will display. This menu has a number of choices, including lighting, sound, computer synchronization, battery, external display, and projector settings.
- Simply choose the words ” Display Brightness ” to change the brightness level.
- After that, you’ll see a big needle that you may move right and left with. Swiping right enhances brightness, while swiping left lowers it.
- Simply modify to your preferences.
- You may dismiss the menu as soon as it’s completed and it fits.
This approach displays settings more simply than the prior way.
5. Use the Fn Key and the Brightness Symbol
Use the Fn Key + Brightness Symbol together.
The Fn key plus the brightness sign may also be used. The Fn key combination on each machine is different.
The position of this key combination is usually the same as that of many other keys, such as F1, F2, F3, and so on. If you look closely, you’ll see a tiny symbol on the button.
- Look for symbols that have the form of a sun that is shining and fading. Because each computer has its own set of buttons. Some people put it on F5 and F6, while others put it on F8 and F9. So you’ll have to look for it on your own.
- Then hit the Fn key + the dim sun sign to lower the brightness and the brilliant sun symbol to brighten it.
This technique is the most popular since it is simple and quick. Unfortunately, the Fn key mechanism is not available on all machines.
6. Using the Slider in Windows 10
Using the Slider in Windows 10
This next method of screen dimming is both unusual and surprising. It turns out that the battery icon in the bottom corner of the Windows 10 computer screen is all you need.
- Simply place your mouse cursor over the battery icon or slider on the bottom left and click.
- The battery information option will now display if you click. A setting for the computer screen brightness is located just underneath it.
- Simply choose the menu from the drop-down menu to change the brightness to your preference. This, however, is typically linked to the battery use mode. The brighter the display, the greater the battery use, and vice versa.
- If you can’t swipe, choose ” Best Battery Life ” for a lower brightness and ” Best Performance ” for a brighter screen if you can’t swipe.
Slider for Windows 7
Slider for Windows 7
On Windows 7, you may use the same technique as before. The procedure is simple: just follow the following steps until the battery information option displays.
There are two posts in the battery information menu that you may click on now. To change the screen brightness, just choose the words ” Adjust Screen Brightness “.
It’s critical to understand how to darken the computer screen in a variety of methods. Keep in mind that each computer works in a unique manner. After you’ve learned a few of the techniques listed above, you may test them one at a time.
Don’t forget to bookmark and return to.com every day because you’ll discover the most up-to-date Technology information here, including How-to Guide Tips & Tricks. Blogging, digital marketing, Android rooting, social media games, and so on. Best wishes.
The how to adjust brightness in windows 10 using keyboard is a blog post that explains how to reduce the brightness of your Windows 7/8/10 PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make Windows 7 high and low brightness?
To make Windows 7 high brightness, go to Control Panel > Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller. To make windows low brightness, go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust screen resolution.
How do I lower the brightness on my computer?
The brightness on your computer is controlled by a slider that can be found in the top right hand corner of your screen.
What is the shortcut for lower brightness in Windows 7?
The shortcut for lowering the brightness in Windows 7 is Ctrl+Alt+Num Lock.
- how to reduce brightness in windows 7 desktop
- how to adjust brightness in windows 7 desktop using keyboard
- adjust screen brightness windows 7 not available
- how to adjust brightness on monitor without buttons
- how to adjust brightness on pc using keyboard